Thursday, August 9, 2012 | By: Micah Orendain

He is Jealous of You Because He Loves You


       

First of all, for you, being "jealous" might not sound good. "Why is He jealous? Isn't jealousy a bad thing?", you might say. I'd like you to watch this very short sermon first by John Piper. It has something to do about the "Jealous God": "Why Oprah and Brad Pitt Deserted God (And Why You Shouldn't)"

          Now, here are the lyrics of a beautiful song:
  He is jealous for me
Love's like a hurricane, I am a tree
Bending beneath the weight of His wind and mercy 
When all of a sudden, I am unaware of these afflictions eclipsed by glory 
and I realize just how beautiful You are and how great your affections are for me. 

Oh, how He loves us so 
Oh, how He loves us 
How He loves us so. 

Yeah, He loves us 
Woah, how He loves us 
Woah, how He loves us 
Woah, how He loves. 

So we are His portion and He is our prize, 
Drawn to redemption by the grace in His eyes 
If grace is an ocean we're all sinking 
So heaven meets earth like a sloppy wet kiss and my heart turns violently inside of my chest 
I don't have time to maintain these regrets when I think about the way 

That he loves us, 
Woah, how He loves us 
Woah, how He loves us 
Woah, how He loves 

He loves us, 
Woah, how He loves us 
Woah, how He loves us 
Woah, how He loves 

Cause He loves us, 
Woah, how He loves us 
Woah, how He loves us 
Woah, how He loves 

Yeah, He loves us 
Woah, how He loves us 
Woah, how He loves us 
Woah, how He loves


This is one of the songs that made me cry. The history of this song can be read here. One of the most inspiring songs, filled so much with the love and spirit of God.

  
"...I, the Lord your God, am a jealous God..." - Exodus 20:5; "For the LORD your God is a consuming fire, a jealous God." - Deuteronomy 4:24.
 He is jealous for you because He loves you. He is jealous for what you makes somebody or some things more important than Him. If we love, that's because He loved us first. (1 John 4:19)
Please watch this video:


If you want further explanation about this truth and want to accept Christ now as Lord and Savior and not sure how to start or do it, please follow this link.


(If you're on Tumblr too, reblog the full set of photos (from the song) here.)

0 comments:

Post a Comment